Title : +30 Stunning Arched window curtains and treatment ideas
link : +30 Stunning Arched window curtains and treatment ideas
+30 Stunning Arched window curtains and treatment ideas
A lot of custom homes built nowadays include arched windows. There are many arched window treatments. The amount of light entering in the living space, determine the curtains type that works best. Some rooms may need arched window curtains that filtering light, while other rooms may require that blocks light completely. Some arch window curtain designs remain stationary, while others are adjusted to provide the right amount of light in a room.
Arched Windows Curtains: Elegant and functional
Arched windows or arched look give an attractive and elegant look to any room. However, sometimes it can be difficult to hang curtains that give the window its best design. The aim is to enrich the unusual shape rather than hide it. The arched window treatment you choose will also depend on your decorating style, you have to decide if you want functional curtains that completely block light or arch windows curtains that only play a decorative role.
Conventional CurtainsThe easiest arched window treatment is to use a conventional curtain and hang the rod above the point of the upper arch. This is a simple unpretentious approach, but has the disadvantage that when the curtains are closed, the shape of the window is completely hidden. When it's open, it may be held with clamps to reveal the shape of the window. This style is a good choice for a bedroom, blocking all light.
Half CurtainsDepending on the structure of your window, you can choose to have a screen average. For this option, the rod is hung through the window itself just below the arch. The half curtain hangs and covers only the bottom of the window, leaving the arch section exposed. This looks attractive and reveals the shape of the window, but does not block all light. It works best on windows that have a solid bar under the arch glazing so that the rod can be hung parallel to it.
Shaped Curtain Rods
Specialty curved curtain rails that mimic the shape of the dome. These are placed above the arcade, and the curtain hangs in the usual way. It may be curved at the top, to follow the shape of the rail, or at the bottom. A curtain hung upper curve with a hem level, while a it hung straight top with rounded bass. The advantage of this arched window treatment is to improve the shape of the window. The disadvantages are that the times rails have to be custom made, which adds to the price, and the curtains can be difficult to perform due to the problems of getting the correct curvature. The curved rails are usually not as robust as normal curtain rods, and do not carry a heavy one.
Decorative Arched Window Treatment
Many people opt for a combination of several treatments for arched windows. For example, a half curtain could hide the bottom of the window, but then the arc itself could be dressed with a treatment of "garlands and tails," or decorative curtains. Another option is to install heads of decoration in the center of the arc and on either side, and the light wind material around the central projection, allowing hang on the two outer. It is also possible to get specially blinds to block light.
The most basic of all treatments are arched windows style fan or pleated window treatments. These window treatments come in a variety of fabrics, light scattering materials and designs. Typically, in a fixed position, which are available on mobile designs that allow more or less direct light in a room. A variation of this type of treatment is arched window division fan, allowing the direct light to further pass through. A further advantage is the ease of cleaning. A dust brush or vacuum regularly are all you need to put in order.
These window treatments do not obstruct the view through the arched window. The design is intended to enhance the architectural beauty of the arched windows. These window treatments provide a good fit for imperfect arch windows or irregularly. These window treatments arc-shaped works for windows with up to 2 inches . Also available in a motorized version, this arched window treatment will be adjusted to each side to an open position or any intermediate position closed.
How To Decorate With Arch Windows Curtains
Arcade windows are focal points that can make unusual environments. If you are choosing the curtains of a arch, it is influenced by the size of the aperture and form which used. If your arch is a room divider, you may want a symbolic section of one side of the room . If your arch is a door, a thick curtain blocked drafts will act as a door. For a purely decorative look, you can decorate the arched windows curtains with a course of garlands and tails to accentuate the curve.
- Measure and mark 12 inches from the top of the arch. Follow the curve down until it becomes a straight line to form the side of the arch. Measure and mark 12 inches from this point on the wall. Repeat for the other side.
- Place the curtain rod against the highest mark for sitting with equanimity 12 centimeters above the top of the arch. Mark the position of the holes in the wall.
- Drill holes for the anchors curtain rod. Screw the rod in place. Drill holes in each side and screw heads of decoration in place.
- Measure the length of the fall of the curtain rod to the floor, then from side to side of the arch. Cut a piece of fabric that measures twice the width measurement of the arc and of the same length, plus an additional 12 inches. Cut a second piece of the same measures.
- Fold a 1 inch double hem at the bottom of the fabric. Pin, press and sew using the sewing machine in place. Double bending hemming 1 inch on each side of the fabric and sew the same way. Double single 1 inch hem at the top of the fabric and press. Repeat for the second piece of fabric.
- Place the tape paths against the upper edge of the fabric so that it lies just below the hem and covers the raw edge of the material. Pin and sew using sewing machine in position. Repeat for the other curtain.
- Hang it and close them on the arc. Enjoy with the attractive arched window curtains.
Curtain designs for arched windows.
Thus articles +30 Stunning Arched window curtains and treatment ideas
that is all articles +30 Stunning Arched window curtains and treatment ideas This time, hopefully can provide benefits to all of you. Okay, see you in another article posting.
You now read the article +30 Stunning Arched window curtains and treatment ideas with the link address http://designthisdesignthat.blogspot.com/2017/01/30-stunning-arched-window-curtains-and.html